HOME ||| IMMEDIATE SALES ||| GOOD DUDES/CLIENTELE ||| CONTACT (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is your warranty/repair policy?
- For original US owners, we will repair your pedal for free if you didn't use an incorrect power supply or do something stupid. If within one month of purchase, we will pay for shipping. If it's after 1 month, the buyer pays return insured shipping and any parts that need to be replaced.
- Non-original owners pay $25 bench/parts fee per hour for internal repairs (external damage will be decided later), fees related to part replacement, and return insured shipping.
- International original owners will pay ALL shipping expenses.
- If you attempt to repair or mod your pedal, do so at your own risk because you're voiding the warranty.
Your pedal sucks. Can I return it?
- No. We can't afford to buy your pedal back, as we are a very small company. Try selling it at talkbass.com, ilovefuzz.com, harmony central, eBay, or Craigslist.
Oops...I bought a pedal directly, but I found it used or from one of your dealers. Can I have a refund?
- Yes, but we we will only partially refund your order. Your order can be refunded minus a 10% frustration fee. This applies to all orders, even if you ordered it 30 seconds ago.
How do I pay?
- Cash for local pickup
- Paypal for everything else
- You can pay for most pedals right on our website, but some orders (custom orders, etched, etc.) require you to send us your paypal email address via email so that we may invoice you. (If you don't live in the US, please let us know)
How much does it cost to ship?
- CONUS: shipping is included in cost (via USPS)
- International INSURED Canada: $35; Everywhere else: $50 (via USPS)
- We will no longer ship uninsured due to inconsistencies with shipments. Packages are insured for damage/loss of the full cost of the pedal (on all orders placed after 4/14/14).
- We will NOT ship your pedal as a "gift." We are a business who collected taxable income; therefore, shipping as a gift would be illegal.
Where's my tracking number?
- Unless you are an international customer with insured shipping, we do not send out tracking. We only insure for loss/damage. You will receive an email when your pedal ships. We cannot guarantee any shipping times. You are at the mercy of shipping services.
How long is your wait list or I placed an order...when will my pedal ship?
- We safely estimate three to four months (or less) orders painted by Shannon! Your pedal could ship in 1 business day or 120...again, we're a small business! We are beyond swamped with "holiday" sales, so there is a slight possibility that the wait time may increase to 4 months. Sorry :(.
Will the pedal work for bass or guitar?
- All of our pedals are tuned to be used equally with bass, guitar, vocals, keys, etc. They work w/ active instruments, too...you may need to turn your volume down, just as you would do with 99% of all other effects w/ actives.
What is the difference between the clipping diodes? What do they do?
- 1n914 silicon: warm, compressed, normal sounding
- 1n4001 silicon: less compressed and a little more dirty than silicon
- Germanium: quiet, vintage, warm, perhaps some top end rolloff
- LED: loud, brash, nasty
- No diodes: loud, uncompressed
What is are the mods and what do they do?
- Oscillation/feedback: your signal feeds back upon itself making noise. On the Rat Tail/King and The Demon/King, there is a knob to control the type and pitch of the feedback.
- Killswitch: when you press down on the footswitch, all signal is grounded out, thus muting the signal.
- Gate/boost: only available on The Demon/King. Gates the signal by sputtering and killing the signal abruptly. Reacts differently to the input signal, so if you roll back on your volume knob, it gets glitchier.
- Second sustain/drive/distortion mods: via a footswitch, you can switch back and forth between two different settings (think low gain/high gain). It essentially turns 1 pedal into 2!
My pedal is acting weird. Help?
- Have you read the instruction manual found on the pedal's section of the site? Many times, RTM or Zuul users think their pedal is broken. 99% of the time, the user didn't understand what s/he bought and/or didn't read the manual. Reading is fundamental ;).
- Is the pedal plugged in correctly - input from instrument on the right, output on the left?
- Are you using the correct power supply? We hope so...
- Something else? Take a video of the pedal misbehaving and email it to us!
What power supply do your pedals take?
- Center negative (Boss pedal style) 9V power only! Any other power supply will damage your pedal, negating any warranty! If you don't know, ASK!
If you fried your pedal by using center positive or higher power rated supplies, we will know...the proof is in the damaged power section of your now broken pedal.
Do you have extra pedals in stock or b-stock?
Do you do endorsements or can a be a mooch a get a free pedal?
- If you're asking, probably not. Most of the guys you see on the clientele section of the site have bought at least one pedal from us. Remember: we are a small company (probably smaller than you think)!
If you're reading this after you sent an email asking for free pedal, I bet you feel silly now...
Where can I try your pedals out?
- At your house...after you buy one.
- Occasionally, we work with online stores like PrymaxeVintage.com, Stompthatbox.com, BassEFX.com, Rockandroll Vintage, and Joe's Pedals, but we are not big enough to have them in the big chains. Sorry!
- Check talkbass.com, ilovefuzz.com, or reverb.com, harmony central, and ebay for used pedals.
I don't like your enclosure colors...can I get a custom color?
- Yes, but it'll cost ya...$25 (1590BB) or $32 (1790) for us to order you a custom box.
I don't like your lettering or other colors of your designs...can I get a custom color?
- Sure, if it's something small like changing the colors of the letters, it's free. If you want the demon to be green on The Demon, for example, it's $10.
Can I get a fully customized design?
- Maybe. Please provide us with image ideas and details on what you would like. A custom design ranges from $10-X depending on how intense the work is. Please actually send us the design ideas and images when you inquire via email. This alleviates us from having to ask you to be more specific and/or send your art idea(s).
Can I get a fully customized pedal (example: Rat Tail and The Demon in one box)?
- Yes, contact us with your details! Please include a paypal email address so we can invoice you and let us know if you are not located in the USA.